Saturday, 17 January 2009

A bit of a windy day for a market stall!


Its early evening, the wind is howling around the eaves and the rain is lashing against the attic windows. The street lights outside appear as warm flickering glows, though the rattling of the old sash window frames does spoil the illusion.
It was not the best day for a market stall. No, let me rephrase that, the morning was fine but the afternoon should definately have come with a nerves warning! There is nothing more guaranteed to stretch the mental stability of a photographer on a stall than having to constantly leap into action to stop frames from tumbling over and cards from making a desperate bid for freedom down the next street. I gave up in the end and took down the larger frames, then finally admitted defeat and packed up completely. Just in time, as when I reached home the skies opened and the watering can of the clouds tipped up!
It wasn't a brilliant day but not a wasted one as I chatted to several interesting people, including a young photographer just about to have her first exhibition. If you like cross processed film photography I recommend you check out the work of Sarah Macfarlane at http://www.redkids.co.nz/things
I like her querky view on life.
Now though its time for tea, a hot soup to warm the cockles of my soul and perhaps a good film to wind down with. Something spooky. But with NO storms involved!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm too much of a lightweight to do a market stall.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I have some more dog on wheels toys that need photographing, it's just finding the time to do it...

    ReplyDelete