Sunday, 1 February 2009

SteamPunk glass, I'm a fan!

I have recently discovered the work of SteamPunk Glass. Glenn hand makes every tiny piece of iridescent art himself, with patience and I would imagine great care since he is handling glass at incredibly high temperatures!
I love this piece, so perfect for the coming spring and so delicate. I normally like fairly organic chunky jewellery but the sheer beauty of Glenns' work has left me speechless and how much more organic can you get than the capturing of a ghost of a flower within glass.
I await with interest his new experiments with borosilicate glass...tougher and perfectly clear but with the addition of delicate coloured fronds within.
Visit his website if you want to know more, or you can find him, like me, on Folksy.
www.SteamPunkGlass.com

1 comment: