Sunday, 8 March 2009


More Pentax shots also came back in this load of film, though I have only had a chance to scan this one so far. I spent a couple of hours today working out the optimum height to hold negatives away from the glass on my scanner, sounds geeky but its amazing the difference just half a mm makes to the sharpness of the scan. Eventually I worked out that the thickness of a dvd case cut up to hold a single negative was perfect so I made my own neg holder and it seemed to work fine!
The bridge is one of Bristols iconic views, a bit of a cliche but I tried to take it from a more unusuall angle. That and the beauty of the 6x7 negatives made for an image I am happy with.
At some point this week I will try to find time to scan some more...theres an interesting shot of a twisted tree I want to work on!
Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that's a great story about the lemur! I'd have loved that to happen to me. They wouldn't let us touch, and I must admit that a part of me really wanted to pull their tails when then hung down like bell-pulls! I was at another zoo once though and a meerkat stood up and sniffed my hand with its wet nose! Felt like a privilege :-))

    ReplyDelete